Thursday, December 23, 2010

View From the Office


View of an early morning(9:45am) sunrise over Turnagain Arm and Penguin Ridge from the Top of Chair Six, Alyeska Resort, Girdwood, AK


Top of Alyeska looking through the barrel of a howitzer from the day lodge
State wide Gun refresher, October, Alyeska Resort


Artillery Tech, "Gordy"


View of the Top of Chair Six, Alyeska Resort
Taken from the weather station on Max's southwest ridge


Tim and new patroller, Yuki


Toboggan refresher on the top of Prospector.


I can't believe my last post was on September 3rd. I guess that's what happens when life gets too busy. The good news is I haven't put the camera down and have lots of new work that I'll try to keep posting over the next few weeks. I suppose I owe a brief update on all things new in my world. After two great years at Alaska Pacific University working for Rec Programs I decided to jump out of the pool and return to Alyeska Resort to work for Ski Patrol once again. The decision wasn't easy, but the opportunity to work outdoors again with a wonderful crew was too good to pass up.

We started our annual patrol training in early November and soon had the mountain set up and opened just in time for Thanksgiving. The combination of a few early snowstorms and a huge push by our snowmaking crew allowed us to open both the upper and lower mountain at the same time. A few weeks later the North Face was open. Although we are currently suffering a dry spell, the last three weeks of cold clear skies have provided for some amazing landscapes and fun backcountry turns.




1 comment:

cindy shake said...

I was hoping you'd have some new pics to post since you had a day off yesterday! ha! Incredible images as usual Heather -love the view shot, wow.